We report the numbers that the NBA teams themselves report in their media releases on game days. Below are the updated man games lost totals reported by all teams in their media notes prior to their last game played.
- Some teams provide ‘Injured’ data for the entire roster, while some only report injuries to currently active players on a player-by-player basis. This makes compiling the injury counts more complicated and somewhat less accurate.
- Miami, New York, and Portland are not reporting injuries at this time, or at least not in a format that allows us to reliably calculate and document them.
- Most teams count an illness as an injury.
- Several teams often report players as ‘Did Not Dress’ or ‘Inactive’ when it’s widely known the player is injured.
- For details on man games lost and what it means, see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
TABLE 1. NBA TEAM MAN GAMES LOST MARCH 17, 2014
|Rank||Team||Man Games Lost (Team Reported)|